Sunday, June 14, 2015

Coconut Whipped Cream!

Summer. Strawberries. Nothing is sweeter than going out to the fields to collect your own bounty of natures finest dessert. This year I combined my daughters birthday party with strawberry picking to have a simple, almost homemade party.  

I made reservations at a local farm where they have hay rides, a playground, farm animals and a large flower nursery. I kept the party pretty simple as in years past I go all out for a party, stressing myself and its all over as fast as a wedding. So this year, I made homemade dairy free cupcakes, brownie bites and some yummy SUPER easy dairy and gluten free take homes for the kids. Nothing says Summer more than simple and taking your time. 

Since my hubs and I are on a paleo challenge for 21 days I thought I would try to whip up some coconut cream whipped cream for dessert tonight!  This is how I did it:

1- Trader Joe's Coconut Cream (chilled overnight in the fridge)
1/2 teaspoon or to taste organic vanilla extract 

In a large chilled (I put in the freezer for 3 hours), put vanilla in. Then slowly pour in half the container of coconut cream. Turn on hand mixer to slow and mix for 1 minute. Slowly add the rest of the cream and turn up mixer to medium. Continue musing until thickens and is the consistency of whipped cream!  

Enjoy on top of a freshly picked bowl of berries!!

Xoxo,
Em 

No comments:

Post a Comment