Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Summer Crockpot Recipe

August always seems to be the time that I begin to lose my passion for cooking on the grill. Maybe it is the sun going down earlier or the crisp air during my morning runs, but something shifts for me and I begin to find myself wanting to be in the kitchen cooking more. Then the afternoon sun and warmth smacks me back to reality and there I am with no dinner plan since I cannot imagine turning on the oven in this heat!

To the rescue comes the crockpot. When I think crockpot, I think winter storms and my house smelling amazing. However I looked at her differently this summer when I realized all that could be cooked in it with barely any heat or energy...not to mention coming home to a dinner while I'm beaching it for the day!

My favorite way to make organic chicken drumsticks is in the crockpot. They are cooked throughout evenly and retain moisture that is sometimes lost when baking legs in the oven. My mom always made them simple as to really savor the taste of the chicken rather than the seasoning.  My kids LOVE these and always ask for 2nds!

6-7 organic drumsticks/legs
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp paprika


Place all drumsticks in crockpot. Evenly cover the chicken w spices listed above. Turn crockpot to High for 4-5 hours. Turn off and let cool for 10 mins before serving, enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment